Our Mission and Beliefs
Lewisburg United Methodist Church is committed to living out its calling by serving the people of our communities. Our mission is:
To Go make disciples… To Grow in Love… To Glorify God…
We live this mission out through worship, study, sharing, and service. To help guide us live out this calling, we have developed Core Values as a road map to who we are and how we get there. These core values attempt to portray who we are as a church, what we are striving to become, and what we expect of each other as disciples of Christ.
- We are a Christ-centered fellowship, which invites people to experience a life-changing relationship with Jesus Christ and become His disciples.
- Through the Bible we encounter God’s living word, making Bible study essential to our formation as Christian disciples.
- The stewardship of our time, our talents and our resources is a vital element in our spiritual growth.
- Prayer is a means of grace through which we enter into a personal relationship to God through the Holy Spirit.
- We endeavor to be a caring community of mutual support and accountability.
- We are a diverse congregation, which values the worth of every individual and believes that God’s grace is present in and for all.
- Every Christian is gifted and called by God to be in ministry.
- We are called as servants to witness to God’s love for all people through missions.
- The Christian life is one of a personal relationship with Christ through which we grow in grace and demonstrate God’s love in all our relationships.
- In vital worship we encounter and honor God in Word and Sacrament – instilling hope, fostering healing and empowering discipleship.
Adopted by the Charge Conference Administrative Board Nov. 30, 1998.